My Story In Brief
This is my life story in brief. I am Kate Barbour, presently living in Ayrshire, Scotland. I’m a native of Prague, the Czech Republic who has also lived in Sweden, Spain, and the United Kingdom. Though I speak three languages fluently, I communicate best with others through the universal language of singing and music.
I consider my singing voice to be my most treasured gift. Singing has helped me through deep sorrows and losses as well as releasing suppressed anger. Above all, singing helps me share the beauty and love I feel in my heart.
I lost my voice many times but always found it again. Every time my voice returned to me I experienced much deeper joy. Maybe this is why I am able to help others find their voices (again). You see, connecting with one’s inner joy through singing is like enjoying heaven on earth!
Music And Singing Studies
- Piano training, Lidova Skola Umeni (Music School in Prague) (7 years)
- Private Voice coaching with Stela Jarolimova (Prague Conservatory) (3 years)
- Evening Courses at People’s Art School (Jaroslav Jezek Conservatory) (2 years)
- Music and singing studies at SVF, Jonkoping, Sweden (2 years)
- North East of Scotland Music School, Aberdeen with Alison McDonald and Raimund Herincx (2 years)
- The School Of Uncovering The Voice (Valborg Werbeck), Prague (Anthroposophy Society) (2 years)
- Private Voice Coaching with Miloslav Dvorak (Singing School by Rudolf Vasek) (2 years)
- Sacred Vibrational Frequencies with Jonathan Goldman
- Currently studying for Professional Diploma in Group Voice Therapy with the British Academy of Sound Therapy (BAST).
- BSc in Psychology, Media and Communication Degree, Jonkoping University, Sweden
- MSc in Information Technology, University of Abertay, Dundee, United Kingdom
- Angus Strathspey Society
- Angus Choral Society
- Angus Voices
- Ruthven Music Festival
- Church Of St Salvator Choir (Prague)
- Church Of St Martin In the Wall (Prague)
- Church Of St Ignatius Choir (Prague)
Coaching, Training, Educating
- Angus Community Learning Center (tutor)
- The University of Abertay, Dundee (lecturer)
- Tandem Language School, Prague (tutor)
- Harmony DZ, Prague (voice coach)
- Centrum Beranek, Prague (voice coach)
- The Prague Lady Teachers Choir (voice coach)