Free Voice-Bath Session
Join us for a free voice-bath session on Saturday 23 October 2021 in Spiritualist Church, Kilmarnock. You can lay down on the floor or sit comfortably in a chair. There are many wonderful benefits with health and wellbeing that can be achieved with therapeutic voice-bath:
- A smooth and gentle process into deep relaxation and an altered state of consciousness (ASC)
- Vocal sounds that have a calming effect on your nervous system (toning and overtone singing)
- It helps reduce anxiety and release physical tension
- It supports self-healing processes
- In some cases, it can even relieve pain
- A voice-bath with reflection can help resolve mental blockages and release negative emotions
Altered State of Consciousness
The benefits of getting into a state of deep relaxation, also called altered state of consciousness (ASC), has been the focus of researchers since 1966. The British Academy of Sound Therapy (BAST) has been contributing to this research for two decades. Here is a paper written by the founder of BAST, Lyz Cooper: Sound Effects: Sound Therapy, Altered State of Consciousness and Improved Health and Wellbeing.
Listen To A Voice-Bath Now!
If you want to experience the benefits right now, please put your good headphones on, find a comfortable place to sit or lie and enjoy the recorded voice bath below. Please, don’t listen to the voice bath while driving or doing anything that requires your attention. The sounds will take you to a deep state of relaxation after a few minutes. Therefore, the best time to listen to it is when you need a rest (not sleep).
The 5Rs Model
The BAST method is a person-centered therapeutic processed where sound is used to assist self-healing. Watch the video below that explains the 5Rs Model of healing: